Growing your social media presence is something that can find you loads of new customers and bring in tons of business for your company, but only if it’s done in the right manner, which is as part of an organized and integrated strategy. The driving factor behind your whole approach should be to give customers exactly what they want, after having made a thorough examination of their needs and desires. With this in mind, your social media strategy should pay big dividends as you grow your social following.
Here are some steps you should be taking to accomplish that objective purposefully and organically.
Social media following growth tips
- Establish platform objectives– before you start posting anywhere, make sure you have a good understanding of how each of the social media platforms works, and which types of users can be reached on each of them.
- Be active– for whichever platforms you have chosen to establish a presence, make sure that you engage with other users frequently. It’s not enough to just include links with your articles or tweets and expect that other users will follow and be interested. By interacting with as many others as possible, you will be demonstrating that you are accessible, and that you are genuinely interested in connecting.
- Understand your audience– you’ll be able to interact with your intended audience in a much more meaningful way if you know what they want to read about, and in a larger sense, what their life needs and desires.
- Create a marketing calendar– you can establish an integrated strategy by ensuring the each platform you’re active on serves a useful purpose, and one of the best ways to do this is to create a calendar which includes all of your upcoming business events, blog posts, product announcements, and anything else you might want to publicize.
- Attach icons to your website– even your personal website should have the social media icons attached, because you want to make it easy for users to like and follow you.
- Connect profiles to your website– profiles that you establish on any of the social media should be linked to your website, to make it easy for people to find out more about you and your company.
- Provide benefit to your following– people won’t want to visit your website or your social media page unless there’s some benefit to them in doing so. One good way to accomplish this is to offer giveaways that draw users into your business and get them acquainted with the products and services you have to offer.
- Expand your horizons– don’t limit yourself to the four or five most popular social media platforms, because there really are a great many others which can help you reach even more potential customers. Once you’ve covered your bases with the bigger platforms, you should broaden your approach and get involved on some of the alternative social media outlets.
More social media expertise
To make the greatest use of your social media presence, it would be worth your while to consult with a digital marketing agency, like MySMN, with a solid reputation for SEO in San Diego, and for San Diego website design. As digital marketing experts and as a search engine optimization firm, we have the tools you need to grow your business. For more information, or a detailed quote call (619) 291-8181 or fill out our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.