Facebook has really changed the game for event planners. Facebook has become that new shiny tool that can be very useful if you know how to use it properly. Below I am going to outline some different tips and tricks to turbocharge your Facebook event creation and marketing.
- Inspire yourself. Use the Facebook pages and network to look around. See what other people are doing, and keep up to date on party planning trends. Subscribe to renowned party planners or event planning pages. These will not only inspire you, but provide you with simple and effective ideas that may have completely slipped your mind. It is also a place to network and connect with others in the industry. Ask questions, and make yourself a part of the conversation.
- Find vendors. Facebook is a great place to search for vendors and check out their reputation. Check out what each vendor has to offer, see pictures from events they participated in and find out what people are saying about them. You can tell a lot about a vendor, their professionalism, and their quality of service from their Facebook page.
- Find Sponsors. Research companies that may be interested in sponsoring your event. Entice them with an added bonus that you will feature/ tag/ link back to their website on your Facebook page. Facebook is a great place to find people/ businesses that would be interested in being a part of your event. Let them post on your wall, feature their logos, and even submit interviews and videos that illustrate their support for your cause and event.
- Give Facebook exclusives for the event. For example, Bridal Bazaar, a huge wedding trade show in San Diego, is offering a two for one ticket price when you “Like” their Facebook page. This not only calls people to “like” the page, but increases the attendance of the show as well.
- Provide real time updates to fans and followers. Post about the event, check in and keep people on the edge of their seats, wanting to know what is going on. Post pictures, videos, interviews, etc. This is a great way to engage and interact with your Facebook audience.
- Event recap. Post pictures, videos, comments, and recaps of everything that happened at the event. Use the post event recap to engage with people that were there as well. This is another great opportunity to say thank you to sponsors, receive feedback, and spark conversation with those that were there, as well as those that followed real time event updates.